- Improved Windows 10 Compatibility.
- Improved: The Info window displays the Label from the action settings, if the label is not empty.
- Improved: The command line for the “Run program” action now supports all environment variables like %windir%, %ProgramFiles%, %USERPROFILE%, %APPDATA%, %TEMP%, etc.
- Improved Dutch language interface.
- Fixed issue with double letter entry when typing with the stylus or pen.
- Fixed issue with computer restart.
- Some other bugfixes and improvements.
Friday, February 10, 2017
Tuesday, November 3, 2015
- Improved Windows 10 Compatibility.
- New “Swap keys” action has been added in the keyboard editor.
- New keyboard types: UltraPhone, UMPCx2000, and UMPC_Numx2000.
- Removed keyboard type: UltraPhone640.
- New “Word Autocomplete: Add space after completed word” option has been added to the list of dependencies.
- New: Slovenian interface language has been added.
- New extended options:
- Hide the on-screen keyboard when a physical keyboard is present.
- Prevent the mouse cursor from moving when you touch the on-screen keyboard in Windows 8 and above.
- Block system keys and hotkeys like Alt+F4, Win, Alt+Tab, Ctrl+Alt+Del, etc.
- Minimum height and Minimum width.
- Changed the order of words in the word autocomplete window based on the statistics.
- Changed the icon on the Win key.
- Improved the response rate when using the keyboard with the touchscreen.
- Fixed: Microsoft Edge has been added to the list of web browsers.
- Fixed: Alternate symbols for number keys didn't work correctly sometimes.
- Fixed: The on-screen keyboard didn't disappear with the hide gesture sometimes.
- Many other fixes and improvements have been made.
Thursday, April 23, 2015
- New “Changes the position of the active window” and “Changes the size of the active window” options have been added. If the active window is under the keyboard, app moves it in view.
- New ability to change icon for the on-screen keyboard in the system tray, the toolbar, the floating window, and floating icon. See new “Icon” field in “Theme” section.
- New “Transparent background” options for the Floating Window and the Floating Icon have been added.
- New “Three finger tap on your touchscreen: Show/Hide” option has been added. Note: Windows 8 and above.
- Improved: The virtual keyboard better displays some Arabic and Hebrew vowels.
- New 12 flags for languages have been added.
- Improved: Installed keyboards depend on the input languages.
- New “Sort alphabetically” option for the word auto-complete feature has been added.
- The word auto-complete feature has been improved.
- New “Terminate the active program” action in “Window control” section has been added.
Wednesday, December 10, 2014
- New: The order of words in the word autocomplete window depends on the statistics accumulated by application. The application initially has predefined data on word frequency and word order for the most popular languages. These data are stored in the Common subfolder. When you type any text, the application memorizes the words that you use, so that later it can place the most frequently used ones in the beginning of the list. Which words are suggested also depends on the previously typed text.
- New: The ability to set a label to an action assigned to a hotkey has been added.
- Improved: The order of on-screen keyboard settings has been changed.
- New: An option named "Hide the on-screen keyboard when typing on a physical keyboard" has been added. It works as follows: The on-screen keyboard disappears when the user presses a key on the physical keyboard. The on-screen keyboard appears again when the user touches the touchscreen, or calls the on-screen keyboard by pressing a hotkey or clicking the keyboard icon.
- New "Trianlgles2" and "StandardLA" keyboards have been added.
- New: "Confirm with key" buttons have been added for the word autocomplete windows.
- New: Gestures support has been improved. Now the user can assign various actions to gestures.
- New "Pinch or stretch to zoom when using a touchscreen" option has been added. To zoom in or out, touch the on-screen keyboard with two fingers, and then move the fingers toward each other (pinch) or away from each other (stretch).
- New "Touch with two fingers to move" option has been added. To move the on-screen keyboard, touch it with two fingers, and then move in the same direction.
- New: A volume control has been added in the "Sounds" section of the Options dialog box.
- New command line parameters for the application have been added: /HELP and /?. They instruct the application to display the list of accepted command line parameters in a message box, and then exit.
- Improved: "Show the on-screen keyboard when the text cursor is visible" option can work together with "Auto Hide" option now.
- Improved: Text cursor position tracking has been enhanced.
- Improved: The detection of password entry in the active field has been improved.
- Improved: Compatibility with 64-bit versions of Windows has been improved. New files has been added.
- Improved: Compatibility with Windows 8, Windows 8.1, and Windows 10 has been improved.
- Improved: Touchscreen support has been improved.
- Improved: When saved settings are loaded, the toolbar's state is restored.
- Improved: An option to disable the Tablet PC Input Panel has been added for Windows 7.
- Improved: The on-screen keyboard adjusts the animation speed on machines with limited graphics capability.
- Improved: When the keyboard disappears from the screen, it releases the Shift, Alt, Ctrl, and Win keys.
- Improved: The "Move the on-screen keyboard to a screen border" option works only when the on-screen keyboard appears. If the user moves the keyboard to any location on the screen, it will remain at that location until disappears.
- Improved: If the Windows option Activate a window by hovering over it with the mouse is on, this option will be temporary disabled when the on-screen keyboard is visible.
- Improved: Compatibility with Google Chrome and Opera has been improved. New extensions have been released.
- Fixed: Some Arabic characters were displayed incorrectly.
- Fixed: The "Draw a border around a key" option didn't work if the "Color" parameter was set. The "TouchScreenWin8" keyboard has been changed.
- Fixed: On a UK keyboard, two keys were processed in one location.
- Fixed: The problem with disappearing keyboard icon next to the text cursor has been solved.
- Lots of other fixes and improvements.
Wednesday, December 11, 2013
- Improved DPI Scaling support.
- Improved application icons.
- New large icons have been added.
- New keyboard type: TouchScreenWin8.
- New option "Color" for keys has been added: Picture/Color...
- New ability to set the font of the key label has been added.
- Improved: Keyboard always provides visual feedback when you touch a key.
- Improved: New versions of extensions for Firefox and Chrome have been released.
- Improved: The zoom of the keyboard changes when you change the keyboard type. The zoom depends on the screen resolution.
- Fixed: Issue with saving labels of keys in Unicode.
- Fixed: The bug that occurred when you touch one key with two fingers.
- Fixed: Issue with incorrect text cursor detection in 64-bit systems.
- Fixed: Sometimes a blank button appears in the taskbar.
- Fixed: The repeat key settings don't work right when you touch the key with Korean language.
- Fixed: Sometimes the keyboard appears briefly even though you launch the process with the /HIDEKEYBOARD command line parameter.
- Fixed: Sometimes keys stay pressed when the PC wakes up from sleep mode.
- General fixes and various minor improvements.
Tuesday, December 18, 2012
- Lots of improvements for Windows 7 and Windows 8 touch-screen support.
- Hot Virtual Keyboard has been tested to meet all of the technical requirements to be Windows 8 Compatible.
- Improved: Section "Exceptions" has been replaced with new section "Dependencies". Hot Virtual Keyboard changes the settings depending on the currently active application.
- New function "Show alternate characters or symbols" has been added. Hot Virtual Keyboard will show alternative characters when you press and hold a key. The selected character is typed when you release the key. The feature doesn't work when the "Enable key repeat" setting is on.
- New: The word suggestion tool now processes the ' character in combinations like I'll, L'amour.
- Improved: Setting "Show the toolbar in the taskbar" has been added for 64-bit systems.
- Improved: Changed the keyboard icon.
- New settings in the keyboard editing window have been added:
- Change "Fit Width" regardless of the program settings,
- Change "Lock Aspect Ratio" regardless of the program settings,
- Always dock the virtual keyboard to the lower edge of the screen,
- Always display characters and icons in the center of keys,
- Always transparent keyboard background,
- Fixed font size for all key labels (if empty, use the one from the program settings),
- Dividing points - used when changing the keyboard size. The keyboard splits along the specified points, the keys slide in opposite directions.
- Improved the Docking function for full-screen applications (IE in the kiosk mode) and Windows 8.
- Improved: The default settings have been changed.
- Improved: The keyboard editing window has been improved.
- Improved: Color scheme "Black" has been slightly adjusted.
- New: Option "Windows 8 Style" in the "Appearance" section - when enabled, rounded corners of windows and buttons are turned off.
- New: Ability to change the assigned key combination in window "Keyboard Shortcuts Settings" has been added.
- New: Ability to copy an action in window "Keyboard Shortcuts Settings" has been added.
- New: Action "Word autocomplete on/off" has been added.
- Improved: The size of word suggestion buttons changes depending on the keyboard font size.
- New: Added special keyboard types for touch screens: TouchScreenLetters, TouchScreenFull.
- New: Flag for Thai language has been added.
- New: Slovak interface language has been added.
- Fixed: The bug that occurred when switching the input language to extended layouts has been fixed.
- Fixed: The incorrect positioning of characters in the Japanese Hiragana, Kana layout has been fixed.
- Code optimization and various minor improvements.
Tuesday, November 15, 2011
- New: Two keyboard types: SkinFlat, TwoSides2.
- New: Support for Japanese, Korean, and Chinese (Traditional) layouts has been added.
- New: "Exceptions" for Word Autocomplete function. Whenever any of the specified programs becomes active, Word Autocomplete turns off.
- New: Command line parameters /TURNON and /TURNOFF have been added. Now you can turn on and off the program with a command line parameter.
- New: Command line parameter /ACTION for launching actions has been added.
- Improved: Monitoring of most-top windows (their overlap of the on-screen keyboard) has been added.
- Improved: During macros editing, the ability to cut, copy, and paste selected lines has been added.
- Improved: In macros it is possible to enter a delay time of up to 10 minutes.
- Improved: The launch of several instances of the program with the command line parameter /M has been improved.
- Improved: When AutoClick for the virtual keyboard is turned on, the same auto-click also works for the floating icons.
- Fixed: When highlighting text in Internet Explorer, sometimes the on-screen keyboard disappeared.
- Fixed: Issue with incorrect tooltip for option "Show a tip over a pressed character key" when Unicode used.
- Some other bugfixes and improvements.
Wednesday, May 11, 2011
- Added new keyboard types: KioskSkin, Mini2, SkinRound4, TouchGame3.
- Added new virtual keyboard settings:
- Move the keyboard to a screen border.
- Animate the launch of the on-screen keyboard - slide up or down.
- Type characters when keys are released.
- Show a tip over a pressed character key.
- Show key characters in the UPPER CASE.
- Added new "Typing aid" parameters for the on-screen keyboard:
- Repeat delay (msec).
- Repeat rate (characters per second).
- Double taping the space bar will insert a period followed by a space.
- Added an ability to control the on-screen keyboard from HTML in FireFox, Chrome and Opera.
- Added a new function: "Install FireFox (Chrome, Opera) Extension".
- Added an ability to set borders for the picture on the key.
- Added an ability to change key descriptions in the keyboard editing mode.
- Added a new setting for 64-bit versions of Windows 7 and Vista: "Show an on-screen keyboard before logon".
- When using an on-screen keyboard with a touch screen, the arrow keys work as a D-pad.
- Added Undo and Redo buttons to the on-screen keyboard editing form.
- Added new actions "Change the default playback device", "Change the default recording device".
- Added an ability to specify folder for action "Run program".
- Improved compatibility with Internet Explorer 9 and WPF applications.
- Fixed toolbar flickering on the taskbar.
- Fixed bugs that occurred if no explorer.exe process was found.
- Fixed a bug in the autocomplete feature for some languages.
- Lots of other fixes and improvements.
Wednesday, February 9, 2011
Wednesday, November 17, 2010
- Added a toolbar for launching the on-screen keyboard.
- Added a new parameter "Show the program toolbar in the taskbar".
- Added new keyboard types: SkinWin7, SkinMulticolor, SkinWhite, SkinRound1, SkinRound2, SkinRound3, TwoSides.
- Changed keyboard types: OneSide, OneSide2.
- Added new options for assigning images to each key of the on-screen keyboard: separate images for different key states, a separate font color for each key state, "Draw a border around a key", "Resize with a key", "Fit by width and height".
- Added a new parameter for the on-screen keyboard: "When I enter a password don't show which keys are tapped".
- Enhanced the large icons on the multimedia keys of the on-screen keyboard.
- Words entered by users are now recorded in UTF-8.
- Added a new command line parameter /RESTORE.
- Added large flag images (32x32) for the language bar and the on-screen keyboard.
- Added the display of the flag and a "Show label" setting for the custom view of the language bar. The size of the flag depends on the size of the language bar (16x16 or 32x32).
- Added an ability to launch several instances of the program using the /M command line parameter.
- Added an ability to launch Microsoft's on-screen keyboard in the keyboard editing, hotkey configuration and icon management windows.
- When working with the word autocomplete function enabled, "-" and "&" characters do not trigger automatic word completion.
- Added the display of the keyboard layout when dead keys are pressed (for German, French and other languages).
- The Office2003 theme has been replaced with the Aqua theme.
- Added a new parameter in the "Keys" section: "Labels on system keys depend on the currently selected input language".
- Added a new parameter in the "Keys" section: "Show the state of Caps Lock, Num Lock and Scroll Lock keys".
- Added an ability to configure the list of keyboards in the "Activate the next keyboard type" action settings.
- Added an ability to assign a separate sound to each action.
- Added an ability to remove the word directly from the autocompletion list by highlighting the unnecessary word and then pressing Delete key.
- Added a new parameter for the word autocomplete function: "Do not show words with 1 character remaining".
- Added a new parameter for the word autocomplete function: "Show as a set of buttons next to the on-screen keyboard".
- Added new interface languages: Byelorussian, Croatian.
- Fixed bugs that occurred in Windows Vista and Windows 7 with User Account Control (UAC) enabled.
- Fixed the work of the command line parameter /COMMON.
- Fixed a bug: The on-screen keyboard was displayed incorrectly before logging in on multi-monitor systems.
- Fixed a bug: The on-screen keyboard was displayed incorrectly next to the text cursor on multi-monitor systems.
- Fixed a bug: In some cases, the language bar docked next to the on-screen keyboard changed its location on the screen.
Friday, June 18, 2010
Tuesday, May 25, 2010
- Added new keyboard types: KioskSpecial, Triangles, WebKiosk.
- Added a special Fn key for switching between number keys (1, 2, ...) and function keys (F1, F2, ...).
- Changed keyboard types: MultimediaSmall, MultimediaSmall2, TabletPC, TabletPC2, Tight2.
- The setting "Show text on the on-screen keyboard" has been added for the "Paste Text" action.
- Added a new option "Show as background" for key pictures in the keyboard editor window.
- Some other enhancements.
Also you have to try great clipboard program for Windows: Hot Copy Paste.
Friday, January 15, 2010
Added new pages with virtual keyboards:
Tablet PC keyboard - tablet PCs and keyboards
UMPC keyboard - ultra-mobile PC description
Touch screen keyboard - what is a touch-screen
Interactive keyboard - customizable interactive keyboard
Kiosk keyboard - keyboards for electronic kiosks
Tuesday, December 15, 2009
- Added Windows 7 support.
- Added native support for Windows 7 multitouch. Touch input is available with 255 touch points.
- Added new keyboard types: MiniUnspaced, Standard3 (without NumPad), TouchGame1, TouchGame2, Tight1, Tight2.
- Added an ability to close the keyboard if the "Show the on-screen keyboard next to the text cursor" option is enabled.
- The number of simultaneously supported languages has been increased to 30.
- Added support of PNG images in the keyboard editing mode.
- Added new parameters for confirming the addition of words to the custom dictionary: Disappearance delay, confirmation with a hotkey.
- Added an ability to download dictionaries directly from the program.
- When the screen resolution is changed, the keyboard stays in the same corner of the screen it was before.
- Added a new command line parameter -SHOWKEYBOARD (forcibly show the on-screen keyboard when the program is started).
- Added a new command to the context menu that brings up the language and text input services dialog.
- Added an ability to dock the keyboard to the top or bottom of the screen while decreasing the size of the desktop.
- Added a new option: "Show keyboard symbols accessible via Shift when Shift is not pressed and font is not large".
- Added a new parameter for the keyboard icon: "Hide when the keyboard is visible".
- Added the language parameter to autocompletion dictionaries. Dictionaries are activated depending on the currently selected system language.
- Added an ability to change the size of the keyboard without the need to edit it.
- Added new settings for the on-screen keyboard: "Fit to the screen width", "Fit to the screen height".
- Added a new parameter "Mouse pointer" for the onscreen keyboard: Standard (Arrow), Hand and Invisible.
- Added an ability to configure the folder with autocompletion dictionaries.
- Added hotkey icons for Windows 7.
- Added new parameters for the on-screen keyboard:
Enable key repeat;
Hold down key until Shift, Ctrl, Alt and Win is pressed;
Set capital after the specified character;
Delete a space before specified characters;
Add a space after specified characters;
Add a space before specified characters.
- When the default settings are applied, the keyboard is moved to the bottom right corner of the screen.
- Added flags for Croatian and Bosnian languages.
- Fixed a minor bug: Text entry from the on-screen keyboard did not work in Microsoft Works, Eclipse IDE.
- Fixed a minor bug: The input language could not be switched in IBM Lotus Symphony v.1.3.0.
- Fixed a bug with processing apostrophes in autocompletion dictionaries.
- Fixed a bug: The program did not start automatically in Windows Vista/7 with UAC enabled.
- Fixed a bug: When the AccessDenied option was enabled in system registry, access was still provided.
- Fixed a bug: Removed flicking when used option "Show On-Screen Keyboard when the text cursor is visible".
- Fixed a bug: The keys for the numbers 5-9 and 0 in the United States Dvorak for Left Hand keyboard were missing.
- Fixed a bug: If you right-click on a key and accidentally drag the mouse off the key, the menu will pop up and keep the key pressed making an error noise at the same time.
- Fixed a bug: When the keyboard view was set using the WM_COPYDATA command, it wasn't restored after the system restart.
- Fixed a bug: When the "Show the on-screen keyboard next to the text cursor" setting was enabled, the keyboard was not shown at Windows start up.
- Some other enhancements.
Wednesday, April 22, 2009
- Added an ability to make simple skins.
- Added new themes: Vista, Office 2007 Blue, Office 2007 Silver, Office 2007 Black, MacOS.
- An on-screen keyboard on the Windows logon screen has been improved (you have to completely reinstall the program for this feature).
- Added a new button to emulate the CTRL+ALT+DEL key combination on the logon screen (Windows 2000/2003/XP).
- Added a new option for the on-screen keyboard: "Show On-Screen Keyboard when the text cursor is visible".
- Added new on-screen keyboard types: FullScreen1024, FullScreen1440.
- Now you can use your own actions inside keystroke macros.
- Added a new action "Minimize the active window to the system tray".
- Added a new action "Set the active window as always-on-top (on/off)".
- Added a new action "Use the specified input language or layout while holding down the key".
- Added a new action "Change the input language or layout of the last typed word" (two words, three words).
- The "Eject/Close CD" action has been improved. Now you can specify the drive to use with this action.
- Added new interface language: Turkish.
- Fixed a minor bug: when letters were aligned to the center of keys on the on-screen keyboard and Alt was pressed, the numbers on the NumPad were not shown.
- Fixed a minor bug: the "Close the active window" action didn't work in Microsoft Internet Explorer.
- Fixed a bug: the "Change case of the selected text" actions didn't work when only one input language was configured in the system.
- Lots of useful UI enhancements.
Tuesday, February 3, 2009
- Added an ability to use multimedia keys for hotkeys.
- Added new keyboard types: UltraPhones640, UltraPhones800, UltraPhones1024, UltraPhones1440.
- Added an ability to tune a hotkey message: Options -> Keyboard Shortcuts -> Info.
- Added a new tag SCRIPT to the templates. With this tag you can perform various functions from your Java-scripts.
- Fixed a bug: Color zones of the on-screen keyboard were shown incorrect in some layouts.
- Fixed a minor bug: Leak of window handles.
- Some other enhancements.
Wednesday, November 26, 2008
Christmas is a time for family, food and fun. It's also a time to save some money at hot-virtual-keyboard.com.
You can SAVE 20% on your order. But this offer expires December 26, 2008 at midnight Pacific Time, so don't wait - order now!
Also you have to try great anti-spam program for MS Outlook: Outlook Spam Filter.
Tuesday, November 11, 2008
Read full press-release of Hot Virtual Keyboard on PRWeb
Thursday, October 30, 2008
Saturday, October 25, 2008
Hot Virtual Keyboard speeds up typing and makes using Windows touch-screen devices such as Tablet PCs and UMPCs more convenient by replacing Windows built-in On-Screen Keyboard and Input Panel. The virtual on-screen keyboard replacement provides endless customizations and enhancements of both ergonomics and presentation of the virtual keyboard, enables mouse gestures for routine operations such as shifting characters to upper or lower case, and provides numerous performance enhancements.
On-screen typing with an interactive keyboard gets faster and easier with the Word Complete feature available in Hot Virtual Keyboard for many languages. Supporting all languages and keyboard layouts installed in Windows, Hot Virtual Keyboard makes it possible to replaces Windows On-Screen Keyboard with an advanced alternative.
Hot Virtual Keyboard is highly customizable in looks and behavior. The new touch screen keyboard throws in more than 40 pre-defined virtual keyboards, and allows customizing each keyboard to personal liking. Hot Virtual Keyboard makes is possible to change colors and gamma of the selected on-screen keyboard, assign different sounds to groups of keys, select custom background and set shape and font of the virtual keys.
Users of Hot Virtual Keyboard are able to define gestures, use on-screen hot keys to launch applications and Web sites or run scripts, and perform routine operations such as copy and paste by simply touching the screen or clicking the mouse.
More information about virtually keyboard software you may find at the official web site of Hot Virtual Keyboard software: www.hot-virtual-keyboard.com